I have a few minutes so I figured I'd add an entry.
There really isn't much going on to speak of, but I guess I'll just highlight some of the non-events of our life.
1. We purchased a camcorder with money John had faithfully saved. He loves to take it everywhere. Even when we're watching TV he will film the screen and exclaim, "Look at that quality!"
He gets quite a thrill out of technology!
Some of his latest videos include a thirty second filming of our living room vent and how it moves the curtains, and us sitting in the drive-thru of in and out on a date night. (I had to tell him he couldn't film the screen during "Inception," it's illegal!) In the drive-thru he pointed the camera at some people across the street and said, "If they started brawling we could have it on camera!!"
I love John!
2.I'm on Week 3 of my Hypnobabies. I've decided to take two weeks to do week 3. Week 2 was great and gave me all the tools to get really healthy. I was trying to get all the important nutrients, but now I have a good in-depth explanation of exactly what my body needs and how to get it (and WHY). I've been really enjoying taking care of myself, and it seems that I almost intuitively know which foods are good. I research everything I eat and I find that I am instinctively drawn to foods that just happen to have exactly what my body and baby need.
Since becoming pregnant I almost feel like my body is just directing me along in my life, and all I have to do is listen to it. It's always right!
"Eat this, Rest now, Now get up and exercise, Go eat something, Now stop eating," etc.
I've never felt so "told what to do" by my body before. It's awesome, really.
3. We got the baby's crib all set up in his room, and now we just need to get some more decor, as well as a co-sleeper for our room until he's older. The crib looks great. I am really happy with the choice we made. It's sturdy and will turn into a bed when we need it. We'll say, "Crib, become a bed!" and snap our fingers. Isn't that awesome?
We have a growing drawer of baby clothes and other things for him. We also have a high-chair, which we bought long before we even thought we could be pregnant. I just saw it and loved it so much, so we got it! For now it's pretty extra-counter space in the kitchen for drying dishes on, haha. (No dishwasher = *pout*)
4. When I got pregnant we signed up for WIC, to help out with our list of groceries. Despite the hassle at the check-out and finding the right labels and size etc. it's pretty useful.
I was really happy to discover that even a government program like that promotes breastfeeding! They could just give out formula to everyone, but instead they encourage the belief that "breast is best" (which is a sadly and surprisingly unknown and/or unbelieved fact).
We've had two appointments there now and they literally sighed relief when we told them I am determined to breastfeed no matter what, and past infancy at that.
On the second visit they were dealing with a mother who chose not to breastfeed and the hassle of finding the right formula for her, apparently took more than an hour. The woman said to me, "If they would just breastfeed!"
When I knew all about nipple confusion, pumping, baby's stages, etc. She enthusiastically told me, "Wow, you've done your research!"
I feel that I chose to be a mother so that I could BE A MOTHER. I refuse to be ignorant, and I refuse to prioritize anything over my child. That's just me.
What's really awesome is that WIC provides pumps! I had been thinking about when to get a pump, etc. and they provide you with a brand new one. That alone makes WIC worth it to me!
5. John didn't get the raise he was hoping for, despite being the best newby at the place, and my hours got cut back. Ahhh!!!
6. We've re-arranged our bedroom in preparation for Wolfgang, which is truly the most fascinating piece of news I've got LOL